Houthi: Intensified US aggression failed to stop Yemeni resistance operations
Houthi: Intensified US aggression failed to stop Yemeni resistance operations
M.U.H
05/04/202518
The leader of the Ansarullah resistance movement says the intensified US acts of aggression against Yemen have failed to stop Yemeni resistance operations in support of the people of Gaza as well as to protect Israeli ships in the Red Sea.
In a speech on Friday, Abdul-Malik al-Houthi said the US has intensified its attacks on Yemen, which exceeded 90 attacks on some days, as part of its support for Israel’s genocidal war on Gaza.
However, al-Houthi stressed that the aggression “has failed to stop the military operations supporting the Palestinian people, nor has it been able to provide protection for Israeli navigation in the Red Sea, the Gulf of Aden, and the Arabian Sea."
Al-Houthi also said that US military officials admitted that the attacks have failed to destroy Yemen’s military capabilities.
“The US has not been able to achieve its declared goal of liquidating the leaders and eradicating the free people of Yemen,” al-Houthi said.
He vowed that Yemen would proceed with its retaliatory operations, saying, “America does not frighten us.”
The Ansarullah chief also warned the Arab and neighboring regimes against supporting the pro-Israel US strikes on Yemen.
He stressed that Israel, backed by the US, seeks to liquidate the Palestinian cause, referring to the intensified Israeli raids in the occupied West Bank, which he said, aim to “displace” Palestinians.
Al-Houthi further noted that “Al-Aqsa Mosque is constantly targeted with the raids,” stating that Israeli minister Itamar Ben-Gvir’s incursions into the al-Aqsa Mosque compound are a testament to Israel’s escalated violations against “one of the greatest Islamic sanctities.”
He urged the international community to adopt a serious stance on Israeli crimes and called on countries to cut political and diplomatic ties with the Tel Aviv regime.
Since the onset of Israel’s genocidal war on Gaza in October 2023, Yemeni forces have carried out scores of operations in support of the war-hit Gazans, striking targets throughout the occupied Palestinian territories, in addition to targeting Israeli ships or vessels heading toward ports in the occupied territories.
In support of Israel, the US announced the formation of a maritime task force in the Red Sea in December 2023 to protect the passage of vessels bound for the Israeli-occupied territories.
The Yemeni forces responded by ramping up their strikes against strategic and sensitive Israeli and American targets, including the US warships and aircraft carriers that are deployed off Yemen’s coastline.
The Yemeni forces paused their retaliatory strikes in support of the ceasefire that took effect in Gaza on January 19 before Israel broke it last month.